02 March 2011

Accomplishments?

I realized that I've done a lot of things on Ktin's life list. I don't think I would ever make a life list. Cataloguing my desires and ticking them off as completed is not appealing to me; plus, I don't think I can be quantifiable about what I want and when I consider something "finished." The idea that I've accomplished things that are on someone else's life list is a little strange. But that's the situation we have at hand.

Depending on how strict your methods are to determine an item "completed," I can cross off nineteen from Ktin's list, out of 61. With utter confidence and no ambiguity, I can cross off twelve. Ktin herself has completed only fifteen.

In the coming time I will comment on my completion of Ktin's life list.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear what you've crossed off! I also completely know where you're coming from on the idea of when something is "finished," and I definitely have doubts on whether these things are really accomplishments or just things-to-do, so I really like getting your perspective.

    Also, just, what a cool idea - seeing where you are on others' lists. I'm not big on comparisons for myself, but there's something really intriguing here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. julia, have you completed anything off of ktin's list?

    ReplyDelete